1The activity of directing the movement of aircraft.
- Data is still being gathered in the areas of weight and balance, flight control margins, potential for automatic flight control systems malfunction and aircraft performance limitations.
- The automatic flight control system is a dual redundant digital system, which provides autostabilisation and four-axis auto-pilot operation.
- The combined head-up/head-level display is collimated at infinity, and presents data relating to flight control, navigation, target engagement and weapon firing.
1.1 [count noun] A flap or other control surface on an aircraft.
- The actual flight controls were little different than the flight controls of atmospheric aircraft.
- ‘The jet was flying pretty well, and the damage had not affected the flight control surfaces or the landing gear,’ Turner said.
- In addition to the flight controls, the control column carried the gun camera switch box, the gunsight switch box and a fluorescent light bulb for the instrument panel.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: flight con|trol
Definition of flight control in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.