- The range of combinations of speed, altitude, angle of attack, etc., within which a flying object is aerodynamically stable.More example sentences
- A fully automatic rocket-assisted ejection seat allows escape at all altitudes and speeds within the aircraft's flight envelope.
- Colonel Kinnaird said the flight's test pilots are not Chuck Yeager types who venture into a flight envelope that has never been done before.
- The improvement in flight characteristics provided by the four-bladed configuration has led to increases in flight envelope, maximum speed, vertical rate-of-climb, payload and rotor vibration level.
More definitions of flight envelopeDefinition of flight envelope in:
- The US English dictionary