Definition of flip-top in English:
Having or denoting a lid or cover that can be easily flipped open: a flip-top rubbish bin
More example sentences
- We should offer to replace the black open topped box with a second flip-top wheelie bin in which residents could put all recyclables.
- He watched apprehensively as his brother snapped open the flip-top pack with his thumb.
- Nestle Rowntree said it was also discarding the plastic disc opening on the old design in favor of a cardboard flip-top lid, as part of a makeover to ensure the brand remained ‘fresh and interesting’ to youngsters.
nounBack to top
A flip-top lid or cover.
- Cars began to get ever more innovative, and NHRA's safety watch never ended, learning from each incident lessons like how fire-extinguishing systems should be plumbed or that fuel-tank caps needed to be screw-ins rather than flip-tops.
- The distinctive ‘letter on the lid’ will be no more, as the new design will sport a re-sealable flip-top.
- It might be a good idea to lose the flip-top altogether or, if it must stay, have it implemented like the Zaurus.
Definition of flip-top in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan