- Not showing a serious or respectful attitude: a flippant remarkMore example sentences
- My boss was very supportive and saw the same flippant attitude I did when she spoke to them.
- In the end the flippant attitude to the lack of car parking will have disastrous consequences for businesses in Skipton.
- Behind the flippant name hides a serious message about religious ignorance.
- More example sentences
- Her voice taunted him in mock arrogance, but he could tell from the hint of darkness under her eyes that though she meant it flippantly, she was very tired.
- Chris replied flippantly, though his smile was unmistakable.
- Technically, they speak of a purism which redefines the areas of documentary photography in which they may be flippantly or carelessly bracketed.