adjective[attributive] British • informal
- Used for emphasis or to express mild annoyance: are you out of your flipping mind? [as submodifier]: it’s flipping cold todayMore example sentences
- They will be able to tell you which farm their beef came from never mind the flipping country.
- I was jigging about on the cobble stone path, partly because I was excited at seeing my new house for the first time, but mainly because it was mid January and, quite frankly, flipping cold!
- For the benefit of anyone reading this who is not from Yorkshire, we had some unexpected snow on Thursday and it's flipping freezing outside.
More definitions of flippingDefinition of flipping in:
- The US English dictionary