- A floating structure used as a dry dock.More example sentences
- At the outbreak of the Second World War the port, with its large graving and floating docks, became a naval base and later an Admiralty dockyard.
- Our test site offered a sandy beach ideal for easy entry to the water and a floating dock of adequate height to simulate a boat's freeboard.
- The Foudre class has a 13,000m³ well dock which can be used as a floating dock or to carry land vehicles.
More definitions of floating dockDefinition of floating dock in:
- The US English dictionary