- An aircraft equipped with floats for landing on water; a seaplane.More example sentences
- After some thought, the Navy gave up the idea of retractable gear and instead specified that the aircraft would be floatplanes but could be converted to land gear in a short period of time.
- His expertise has given the Centaur four exceptional advantages over conventional seaplanes and launches the floatplane into the 21st Century.
- Suddenly, with a roar of seemingly new-found energy, the floatplane pulled free from the water and climbed rapidly.
More definitions of floatplaneDefinition of floatplane in:
- The US English dictionary