Definition of flocculate in English:
Form or cause to form into small clumps or masses: [no object]: it tends to flocculate in high salinities [with object]: both units contain magnets that are claimed to flocculate algae
More example sentences
- The property of cation exchange in clays is used in a common agricultural process whereby the dispersed mineral fabric of a heavy clay soil is flocculated by the addition of calcium to improve the workability.
- These can be flocculated forming a High Density Sludge which once settled can give a relatively clear overflow, which is discharged to the rivers (the HDS process).
- Syneresis cracks can develop in clays that have flocculated before settling.
- Example sentences
- It is known that liposomes (used as drug carriers) can be modified with poloxamers to prolong their circulation time in the blood stream as well as to prevent their flocculation, fusion, or binding.
- Several previous reports have dealt with the experimental and theoretical aspects of depletion aggregation, often termed depletion flocculation, as applied to the general field of colloid chemistry.
- At periods of slack water, increased mixing of the saline wedge with fluvial waters from the distributary channel decreases effluent outflow rates, accelerating flocculation of clay particles and their deposition from suspension.
Words that rhyme with flocculateinoculate
Definition of flocculate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.