- Water left by flooding.More example sentences
- The floodwater has left his business devastated, with a water mark more than a foot high still visible yesterday lunchtime.
- She feared the new homes would leave fewer places for floodwater to drain and increase the chances of their homes flooding.
- The pumping station alongside the Foss Barrier, which pumps water out of the Foss into the Ouse to prevent floodwater backing up the Foss basin, was unable to cope with the extra volume of water and the river rose several feet.
More definitions of floodwaterDefinition of floodwater in:
- The US English dictionary