- A small Asian bustard (bird), the male of which has mainly black plumage with white wings.
More example sentences
- Family Otidae: the Bengal florican (Houbaropsis begalensis) and the lesser florican (Sypheotides indica)
- Rare hoolock gibbons and capped langurs can be seen in the forests, and birds include giant hornbills and Bengal floricans.
- The Lesser Florican is the smallest bustard commonly found in India.
- Low intensity agro-ecosystems in Cambodia hold the largest global population of Bengal Florican.
late 18th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of floricanDefinition of florican in:
- The US English dictionary