Definition of florist in English:
A person who sells and arranges cut flowers.
- We enjoy selling to florists because florists love flowers as much as we do.
- Never eat flowers sold by nurseries or florists; they are not grown for consumption.
- The area's obsession with flowers means local florists are burning the midnight oil just to keep up with demand.
- Example sentences
- I passionately believe that floristry is art for everyone.
- But where else can you find art galleries, wonderful clothes, antiques, home design, exquisite floristry and all with free parking?
- It offers specialist courses in agriculture, animal management, equine, horticulture, garden design, floristry and wildlife, game and conservation management.
Early 17th century: from Latin flos, flor- 'flower', on the pattern of French fleuriste or Italian florista.
Words that rhyme with floristafforest, forest, Forrest
Definition of florist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.