Relating to the study of the distribution of plants: floristic research floristic diversity
More example sentences
- However, a number of vascular floristic studies on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee in the past 40 years have increased our baseline botanical knowledge of this region.
- Since 1971, eight floristic studies have contributed to our knowledge of the vascular flora of south Alabama.
- The relative species richness of the Preserve was then compared to selected floristic studies from the Cumberland Plateau using the same species area curve.
- More example sentences
- However, apparent vegetation changes underway suggest that the sites are converting from floristically diverse open barrens to a closed woodland with lower floristic diversity.
- Results show that the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area is among the most floristically rich natural areas in the Southern Appalachians.
- The islands are very rich floristically, with a high proportion of shrubs and other woody forms.
Definition of floristic in:
- The US English dictionary