Definition of floristic in English:
Relating to the study of the distribution of plants: floristic research floristic diversity
More example sentences
- However, a number of vascular floristic studies on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee in the past 40 years have increased our baseline botanical knowledge of this region.
- Since 1971, eight floristic studies have contributed to our knowledge of the vascular flora of south Alabama.
- The relative species richness of the Preserve was then compared to selected floristic studies from the Cumberland Plateau using the same species area curve.
- Example sentences
- However, apparent vegetation changes underway suggest that the sites are converting from floristically diverse open barrens to a closed woodland with lower floristic diversity.
- Results show that the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area is among the most floristically rich natural areas in the Southern Appalachians.
- The islands are very rich floristically, with a high proportion of shrubs and other woody forms.
Definition of floristic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan