A small brown darkling beetle that is a widespread pest of flour and other cereal products.
- Genera Tribolium, Gnathocerus, and others, family Tenebrionidae: several species
More example sentences
- In either case, damage to stored grain by the lesser grain borer, rice weevil, red flour beetle, and rusty grain beetle costs the U.S. wheat industry about $500 million annually.
- IGRs aren't toxic to humans, and they can suppress populations of important stored-product insect pests, such as the red flour beetle and the confused flour beetle.
- The red flour beetle is a major pest of stored grain and grain products and a popular model species for a variety of ecological, evolutionary, and developmental biology studies.
Definition of flour beetle in:
- The US English dictionary