- Any of a number of beetles that frequent flowers, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● an elongated beetle with soft wing cases (chiefly of the family Melyridae). ● a day-flying chafer (family Scarabaeidae). ● a small dark beetle that frequently occurs in large numbers (family Nitidulidae).
- The giant beetle is compared with a minute flower beetle enclosed in a red circle.
- I guess it will be a tricky one to ID beyond being a flower beetle.
- Biological control agents (a defoliating moth, a seed head weevil, and a flower beetle) provide from fair to good control of yellow toadflax.
More definitions of flower beetleDefinition of flower beetle in:
- The US English dictionary