- 1(Of a plant) in bloom: a window box of flowering geraniumsMore example sentences
- The gardens are magnificent, overflowing with tropical blooms and huge flowering trees.
- Prune flowering trees in spring, after blooming, to correct unsightly problems.
- Herbivorous reptiles the size of rhinos were hunted through forests of tree ferns and flowering trees by saber-toothed predators.
- 1.1Capable of producing flowers, especially in contrast to a similar plant with the flowers inconspicuous or absent: flowering dogwoodMore example sentences
- An additional factor that could be incorporated into flowering models is plant variability.
- We received a warm welcome, including a cup of refreshing drink made from a flowering herbal plant locally known as ‘Roselle’.
- A few species were not collected because of their scarcity on the site or lack of flowering or fruiting individuals.
More definitions of floweringDefinition of flowering in:
- The US English dictionary