An ornamental tree grown for its spring blossom, the fruit not being considered edible.
- Genus Prunus, family Rosaceae: several species, in particular P. serrulata and its hybrids
More example sentences
- They planted a spring flowering cherry tree, two buddleia bushes and a laurel bush, along with daffodil bulbs.
- Spring flowering trees such as flowering cherries, plums and apricots should not be pruned during winter, otherwise you will cut off many of the flowers.
- These are gardens for all seasons with the rhododendron dell, the azaleas and flowering cherry trees in spring, and the rose gardens in summer.
Definition of flowering cherry in:
- The US English dictionary