- 1(Especially of long hair or clothing) hanging or draping loosely and gracefully: a long flowing gown of lavender silkMore example sentences
- She stood in the hallway in another one of her typical flowing dresses, her hair tied up this time and a small pair of silver glasses resting on her nose.
- He was dressed in dark flowing clothing; she couldn't place the colour in the darkness.
- She rode on the ocean's surface with the moon illuminating her flowing hair and garments.
- 1.1(Of a line or contour) smoothly continuous: the flowing curves of the lawnMore example sentences
- The forms he invented are usually very simple: they are slender and curving and create continuous flowing lines.
- Curves are some of the most beautiful thing that nature has given us, the flowing lines, smooth and gentle.
- If necessary, grinding should be done to maintain smooth flowing contours.
- 1.2Graceful and fluent: a flowing prose styleMore example sentences
- Her detractors gleefully held up her lack of articulateness in comparison to the flowing narrative of her prose.
- His writing is graceful, flowing and confident.
- Most they put immediately back because they were written in Dimish and the Neraks could not read the graceful, flowing script.
- More example sentences
- Not only are they drinking, but throwing back their heads so the water or juice and go down flowingly.
- Simon adroitly dodges the kick, flowingly stepping to the side.
- If buildings are being bombarded by suppressive fire, they destruct flowingly like a real building would.