noun[mass noun] Geology
- Rock deposited as a thin sheet by precipitation from flowing water.More example sentences
- Cave walls down which water habitually runs may become covered with sheets of travertine flowstone.
- Our last station was a bit awkward as we had to lie on flowstone with a thin sheet of water flowing over it, but at least it was the last station.
- Nine metres down it is possible to get off the ladder on to a ledge of jammed rocks and enter a parallel aven, with much flowstone on the walls and water entering at the top.
More definitions of flowstoneDefinition of flowstone in:
- The US English dictionary