- Influenza: she was in bed with fluMore example sentences
- Bear in mind that the viruses causing flu change annually and no two flu epidemics are identical.
- Treatment of colds, flu, sore throats, hay fever and other allergies may also help.
- In the early stages symptoms can be similar to many other winter illnesses like flu.
- More example sentences
- An epidemic can be declared if more than 400 people per 100,000 of the population consult their GP with flu or a flu-like illness every week.
- This is important if he is just getting over a flu-like illness or the chickenpox.
- The pharyngitis and flu-like symptoms are difficult to distinguish from mononucleosis in older patients.
mid 19th century: abbreviation.
More definitions of fluDefinition of flu in:
- The US English dictionary