- A valved brass musical instrument like a cornet but with a fuller tone.More example sentences
- Nor is it all normal trumpets: this CD boasts piccolo trumpets, bass trumpets, cornets and flugelhorns, as well as a smattering of percussion.
- Over the years, McPhee has become adept on alto and soprano saxes, value trombone, flugelhorn, pocket trumpet, cornet, and various clarinets.
- They include the drums, guitar, bass, keyboards, as well as many of the less traditional instruments such as block flute, harmonium and flugelhorn.
mid 19th century: from German Flügelhorn, from Flügel 'wing' + Horn 'horn'.
More definitions of flugelhornDefinition of flugelhorn in:
- The US English dictionary