noun[treated as singular]
- The study of forces and flow within fluids.More example sentences
- At the same time, the woman - who already holds diplomas in mathematics, applied physics and fluid mechanics - was studying at a university in Compiegne, northeast of the French capital.
- The omission may be in part a consequence of the historical relegation of some of these topics - for example, fluid mechanics - to engineering.
- So what are the forces on the fluids we study in fluid mechanics?
More definitions of fluid mechanicsDefinition of fluid mechanics in:
- The US English dictionary