1An artificial channel conveying water, typically used for transporting logs or timber.
- The flume recirculates both water and sediment in order to provide a continuous supply of heterogeneous sand particles under steady flow conditions during the course of each experiment.
- Often the animals were placed in water flumes and required to swim continuously against a current generated by a pump.
- According to Pearl, Pennoyer constructed a flume that carried stream water to the site for washing out and screening crystals.
1.1A winding tubular water slide or chute at a swimming pool or amusement park.
- Tom couldn't get enough of the mini flume and waterslide.
- If you enjoy a day at the swimming pool, splashing down the flumes, think of canyoning as the 100% natural equivalent.
- You walk where you can, scramble over rocks, wade and swim through pools and in places you slide down natural flumes.
Words that rhyme with flumeabloom, assume, backroom, bloom, Blum, boom, broom, brume, combe, consume, doom, entomb, exhume, foredoom, fume, gloom, Hume, illume, inhume, Khartoum, khoum, loom, neume, perfume, plume, presume, resume, rheum, room, spume, subsume, tomb, vroom, whom, womb, zoom
Definition of flume in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.