Definition of fluoridate in English:
Add traces of fluorides to (something): (as adjective fluoridated) fluoridated toothpaste
More example sentences
- When water is fluoridated, chemicals that release fluoride are added to the water.
- Toothpastes may contain ‘stannous fluoride,’ and municipal water supplies are often fluoridated.
- You should also supervise your young child's toothbrushing sessions to make sure that he doesn't swallow toothpaste or other fluoridated products.
1940s: back-formation from earlier fluoridation.
- Example sentences
- In addition to fluoridation of water supplies, toothpaste and mouthwash also contain added fluoride.
- Fluoride used in water fluoridation is a poison, a toxic by-product of the fertiliser industry.
- In 35 years of fluoridation no Irish Government has ever established our total daily fluoride intake from all sources.
Pronunciation: /flʊərɪˈdeɪʃ(ə)n/ /flɔːrɪˈdeɪʃ(ə)n/noun
Words that rhyme with fluoridatecuspidate • elucidate
Definition of fluoridate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan