- 1 Chemistry Introduce fluorine into (a compound).More example sentences
- For starters, I'd take all the compounds that got worse when I fluorinated them, and put this stuff on instead.
- 2 another term for fluoridate.
- More example sentences
- This reaction is not merely of academic interest - F2 Chemicals in Preston has now scaled up the fluorination of various b dicarbonyl systems for manufacture.
- For several years, the research team has been using fluorination as a chemical step toward creating designer nanotubes.
- In particular, the coupling constant associated with fluorination of Trp, 3 in gA, (the fluorination coupling constant), was found to be consistent with expectations from molecular modeling.
More definitions of fluorinateDefinition of fluorinate in:
- The US English dictionary