- An antibiotic used especially in the treatment of systemic infections.More example sentences
- Examples include sulfacetamide sodium, erythromycin, fluoroquinolone, bacitracin or gentamicin drops or ointment.
- Genital gonorrhea infections in men and nonpregnant women may be treated with a third-generation cephalosporin (intramuscular ceftriaxone [Rocephin]) or fluoroquinolone antibiotic.
- Since then, two major changes have occurred in our treatment model: aggressive use of resectional lung surgery and the introduction of fluoroquinolone antibiotics.
More definitions of fluoroquinoloneDefinition of fluoroquinolone in:
- The US English dictionary