noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A chronic condition caused by excessive intake of fluorine compounds, marked by mottling of the teeth and, if severe, calcification of the ligaments.More example sentences
- Chronic excessive fluoride intake can result in fluorosis, an unaesthetic mottling of the teeth.
- A long-known reason is dental fluorosis associated with excessive fluoride intake.
- None of the 199 children studied had evidence of fluorosis, using the tooth surface index of fluorosis.
More definitions of fluorosisDefinition of fluorosis in:
- The US English dictionary