- The action of vibrating the tongue (as if rolling an r) in playing a wind instrument to produce a whirring effect.More example sentences
- Technical requirements for the flutist include rapid triple-tonguing, flutter-tonguing, ‘unpitched wind sound’ and tremolos, as well as stamina for the relentless staccato tonguing of the middle section.
- He excels at accents, impersonations, double-talk, vocal sound effects, mime, and extruded flutter-tonguing to make flutists envious.
- The flute part's range and the necessity for the player to be able to produce a wide range of dynamics, colors and articulations, including flutter-tonguing, require an able flutist.
More definitions of flutter-tonguingDefinition of flutter-tonguing in:
- The US English dictionary