- Of or found in a river: fluvial processes fluvial depositsMore example sentences
- These units are conformably overlain by fluvial and lacustrine volcaniclastic deposits, tuffs and hyaloclastites.
- Glacial, periglacial, fluvial, and mass-movement processes dominate in mountain environments.
- As the basin filled, or the rate of subsidence relative to the influx of material lessened, subaerial fluvial deposits were emplaced.
Middle English: from Latin fluvialis, from fluvius 'river', from fluere 'to flow'.
More definitions of fluvialDefinition of fluvial in:
- The US English dictionary