noun[often as modifier]
- A semi-automatic and typically computer-regulated system for controlling the flight of an aircraft or spacecraft: sophisticated fly-by-wire technologyMore example sentences
- The fly-by-wire flight control system is triple redundant.
- It will be fitted with a fly-by-wire flight control system developed for the Airbus range of civil airliners.
- The pilot controls the aircraft through a computerised digital fly-by-wire system which provides artificial stabilisation and gust elevation to give good control characteristics throughout the flight envelope.
More definitions of fly-by-wireDefinition of fly-by-wire in:
- The US English dictionary