Definition of fly-drive in English:
Denoting a package holiday which includes a flight and car rental at the destination.
- Good fly-drive packages are a popular option.
- Its excellent brochure offers well-written advice on the attractions of the regions, and its packages include ferry and fly-drive options.
- The company has also introduced some innovative ideas, including apartment holidays, riding packages, fly-drive breaks and tailor-made itineraries.
nounBack to top
A fly-drive holiday.
- Students are left untaught for half the year so they can attend harvests, pilgrimages and religious festivals (refashioned as pubs, fly-drives and raves).
- This new service will be attractive to people wanting fly-drives to Arizona and the Grand Canyon as well as those wanting to stay in Las Vegas.
- A fly-drive with three kids, including a less than malleable 11-year-old, didn't promise a relaxing holiday.
Definition of fly-drive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia