Definition of fly-drive in English:
Denoting a package holiday which includes a flight and car rental at the destination.
- Good fly-drive packages are a popular option.
- Its excellent brochure offers well-written advice on the attractions of the regions, and its packages include ferry and fly-drive options.
- The company has also introduced some innovative ideas, including apartment holidays, riding packages, fly-drive breaks and tailor-made itineraries.
nounBack to top
A fly-drive holiday.
- Students are left untaught for half the year so they can attend harvests, pilgrimages and religious festivals (refashioned as pubs, fly-drives and raves).
- This new service will be attractive to people wanting fly-drives to Arizona and the Grand Canyon as well as those wanting to stay in Las Vegas.
- A fly-drive with three kids, including a less than malleable 11-year-old, didn't promise a relaxing holiday.
Definition of fly-drive in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.