The sport of fishing using a rod and an artificial fly as bait.
More example sentences
- While making the movie, Neeson developed a passion for fly-fishing and collecting vintage fishing rods.
- Apart from the ones trolling ‘brickeen’ and spoon baits, few were fly-fishing.
- It probably is the most technical way of fishing, next to fly-fishing, and one needs to persevere with it and not give up when the first outing produces nothing.
- More example sentences
- I elected to fly-fish this stretch while Dave went upstream to fish the Lugg pool with shrimp, an accepted method in the deeper water there.
- If you want to fly-fish you'll certainly need to supply your own kit.
- When Doc Gamble says he's ‘goin’ fishin ’,’ it might mean he's headed for the flats on Florida's Peace River in his 19-foot Bonita sport fisherman to fly-fish for snook or tarpon.
More definitions of fly fishingDefinition of fly fishing in:
- The US English dictionary