Definition of fly fishing in English:
The sport of fishing using a rod and an artificial fly as bait.
- While making the movie, Neeson developed a passion for fly-fishing and collecting vintage fishing rods.
- Apart from the ones trolling ‘brickeen’ and spoon baits, few were fly-fishing.
- It probably is the most technical way of fishing, next to fly-fishing, and one needs to persevere with it and not give up when the first outing produces nothing.
- Example sentences
- I elected to fly-fish this stretch while Dave went upstream to fish the Lugg pool with shrimp, an accepted method in the deeper water there.
- If you want to fly-fish you'll certainly need to supply your own kit.
- When Doc Gamble says he's ‘goin’ fishin ’,’ it might mean he's headed for the flats on Florida's Peace River in his 19-foot Bonita sport fisherman to fly-fish for snook or tarpon.
Definition of fly fishing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia