verb[with object] British
- Put up (advertising posters) in unauthorized places.More example sentences
- Mr Bayley's offices in Holgate Road have twice been targeted by fly-posting protesters, firstly last month, and then earlier this month.
- The secret organisation has fly-posted stickers on billboards and bus stops in the city centre with an ‘Up Yours’ message to the town hall blitz on litter louts and other environmental offenders.
- The claims go against some of the opponents to the Coppergate Riverside scheme who recently fly-posted empty shops, claiming 150 were already standing empty.
- More example sentences
- Some councils have gone even further to rid their boroughs of unwanted fly posters.
- Companies putting up fly posters advertising events are finding large "cancelled" notices stuck over them.
- We've noticed a big reduction in fly posters since we started using stickers.