1An advertising poster put up in an unauthorized place.
- The scrutiny board also wants the council to get tough with businesses that generate litter, cracking down on flyers and fly-posters which end up as litter and stopping commercial refuse piling up in streets.
- The 100-day campaign started on January 12 and has targeted everything from fly-tippers and dirty waterways to graffiti and fly-posters.
- State Street's flowers and trees remain un-vandalised, vertical surfaces aren't covered in fly-posters and graffiti, traffic glides around calmly.
2A person who fly-posts.
- Firms that use fly-posters to advertise in Manchester have been named and shamed by environmentalists.
- Since then wardens have been handing out fixed fines for littering and fly-posters have been warned they will be taken to court and could be hit with anti-social behaviour orders.
- We are fighting back against the litter louts, the illegal fly-tippers and fly-posters and the vandals who deface the city with graffiti.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: fly-poster
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.