Definition of fly-tip in English:
verb[no object] British
Illegally dump waste.
- The government also announced new measures to control illegal dumping of waste, known as fly-tipping.
- By charging people for household waste, wouldn't this lead to an increase in fly-tipping?
- Some businesses now prefer to risk fly-tipping rather than dispose of their waste in the normal way.
fly tipper noun
- Example sentences
- But at 5.30 pm the same day the fly-tippers were back filling it up again with beds, doors and carpets.
- We urge anybody not to tackle fly-tippers but to note the vehicle registration number and report it to the council.
- Clearing up after fly-tippers costs the Council a lot of time and money each year and we are determined to catch those who do it.
Definition of fly-tip in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia