verb[no object] British
- Illegally dump waste.More example sentences
- The government also announced new measures to control illegal dumping of waste, known as fly-tipping.
- By charging people for household waste, wouldn't this lead to an increase in fly-tipping?
- Some businesses now prefer to risk fly-tipping rather than dispose of their waste in the normal way.
- More example sentences
- But at 5.30 pm the same day the fly-tippers were back filling it up again with beds, doors and carpets.
- We urge anybody not to tackle fly-tippers but to note the vehicle registration number and report it to the council.
- Clearing up after fly-tippers costs the Council a lot of time and money each year and we are determined to catch those who do it.
More definitions of fly-tipDefinition of fly-tip in:
- The US English dictionary