- A large seaplane that lands with its fuselage in the water.More example sentences
- Unlike float planes, flying boats land on the water on their fuselage as well as on their wing floats.
- The Short Empire flying boats were extremely successful aircraft that helped extend the airways to all corners of the British empire.
- I was a fan of the great flying boat airlines of the 1930s and 1940s so I knew this was a trip not to be missed.
More definitions of flying boatDefinition of flying boat in:
- The US English dictionary