A nocturnal arboreal Asian frog which is able to glide between trees using the large webs between its extended toes.
- Polypedates leucomystax, family Rhacophoridae
More example sentences
- Rhacophorus nigromaculatus, the ‘flying frog,’ uses extensive webbing and a flattened body to parachute from tree to tree.
- In a split second I turned my front wheel towards him, realised he was blocking my path and launched myself off my bike pedals in a move to rival the most flamboyant of flying frogs.
- Compare the two designs for the Joint Strike Fighter, and you'll see the obvious: Boeing's looks like ‘a flying frog with its mouth wide open,’ says a Pentagon source.
More definitions of flying frogDefinition of flying frog in:
- The US English dictionary