- An arboreal SE Asian lizard which has expanding membranes along the sides of the body, used for gliding between trees. Also called dragon, flying dragon.
More example sentences
- Genus Draco, family Agamidae: several species
- Here's where we also saw a flying lizard zoom from one side of the yard to the other to land on the side of a tree where we could study it through our binoculars.
- Though only birds, insects, and bats can truly fly, many animals, such as flying squirrels and flying lizards, have evolved wing-like flaps of skin for floating - at least briefly - on air.
- As they grew closer I could see that they were flying lizards.
More definitions of flying lizardDefinition of flying lizard in:
- The US English dictionary