- An aircraft, especially an early or unconventional one: he had experimented with flying machines as early as 1893More example sentences
- Of special interest to aeronautical students was the section on experimental aircraft, displaying flying machines with unconventional shapes and unusual designs.
- Aerial defense of the Philippines depended on a rather motley bag of flying machines totaling 162 aircraft.
- He enlisted as a soldier but was soon captivated by the early flying machines.
More definitions of flying machineDefinition of flying machine in:
- The US English dictionary