- A small squirrel that has skin joining the fore- and hindlimbs for gliding from tree to tree.
More example sentences
- Subfamily Pteromyinae, family Sciuridae (many species in SE Asia, northern Eurasia, and North America), and family Anomaluridae (several species in Africa; see also scaly-tailed squirrel)
- There are three basic body forms in squirrels: tree squirrels, ground squirrels and flying squirrels.
- Capture success (percentage of traps containing squirrels) across the study was highly seasonal for both flying squirrels and red squirrels.
- Besides working on lorises, she has studied ruffed lemurs, flying squirrels, opossums, civets, and several species of bats.
More definitions of flying squirrelDefinition of flying squirrel in:
- The US English dictionary