- Relating to or concerned with the addition of recorded sound effects after the shooting of a film: a foley artistMore example sentences
- Most of the foley work was recorded in the same rooms where the scenes were actually shot.
- Dialogue was clear and the foley effects approached naturalism.
- When you hear that sound in the movies, it is usually due to foley effects.
named after the US film technician Jack Foley (1891–1967), the inventor of the process.
More definitions of foleyDefinition of foley in:
- The US English dictionary