Definition of foliated in English:
1.1 Architecture Decorated with foils.
- The Virginia governor's house is almost delicate with its swag panels, foliated capitals atop the porch columns, and leaded glass side.
- The ornament includes foliated rails below, cast and fabricated foliated column capitals, and the arches themselves.
2chiefly Geology Consisting of thin sheets or laminae.
- On the northern side of the volcanic sequence, the rocks are weakly foliated with foliation dipping to the south or SW.
- The sample of Omonville granodiorite was collected from the foliated felsic phase of the intrusion at Pointe Jardeheu.
- The carbonates in the footwall are strongly foliated and sheared parallel to the thrust.
Definition of foliated in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan