- Popular music resembling or derived from folk music but incorporating the stronger beat of rock music and using electric instruments: [as modifier]: a folk rock bandMore example sentences
- Drifting from folk rock to retro surf music and into classic guitar rock 'n' roll, the Durga's sound captivates all who hear it.
- They weren't a real good guitar rock band, a real good folk rock band, and their experimentation leaves an entire list of somethings to be desired.
- On balance, if you like folk rock, The Beta Band or Granddaddy, it's probably worth taking a chance on Tiger Flies.
More definitions of folk rockDefinition of folk rock in:
- The US English dictionary