A song that originates in traditional popular culture or that is written in such a style: a Scandinavian folk song [mass noun]: this type of rhyme has survived only in folk song
More example sentences
- Whether she is singing a traditional folk song, a ballad, or a song with a message, Baez is a singer without compare.
- In this compilation, appropriate music has been added, often based on folk songs or popular songs of the time.
- Among the most popular styles of folk songs are love songs and patriotic songs.
- More example sentences
- Baird, a classical musician who communicates as strongly as the best folk singers, also phrases like an angel.
- This time we hear the folk songs themselves on tape, Berio's own recording of an Italian folk singer.
- Popular television shows feature Kyrgyz pop and folk singers and musicians.
More definitions of folk songDefinition of folk song in:
- The US English dictionary