- A story originating in popular culture, typically passed on by word of mouth.More example sentences
- We brought certain folk, music, and literary traditions with us from Europe and turned them into novels, stories, folk tales, songs, and music.
- Conflict is then almost endemic to a good story, and literature, mythology, folk tales, and even religious texts are full of violent narratives.
- Early Indonesian literature consisted largely of local folk tales and traditional religious stories.
More definitions of folk taleDefinition of folk tale in:
- The US English dictionary