- A singer, player, or fan of folk music: the record’s pretty good for an old folkie [as modifier]: folkie bandsMore example sentences
- Nine artists - ranging from electronic acts, folkies and experimental rockers - gather on this album to pay tribute to Black Sabbath.
- But there's a lot more of John Lennon's pensive melodicism than Paul Simon's simpering folkie affectation in Smith's music.
- There was the icy refusal to be claimed by folkies, protesters, rockers, popsters or, indeed, anybody.
More definitions of folkieDefinition of folkie in:
- The US English dictionary