Definition of folky in English:
adjective (folkier, folkiest)
Another term for folksy or folkish.
- I've shifted from being all Gaelic to being a mixture of both, but in a folky way.
- It starts off with a 1: 30-long track that's just handclaps and vocals, but doesn't sound particularly folky.
- Although Copperspine is happy with this recent success, it's business as usual for them - they're sticking to their artist-centred, folky guns.
- Example sentences
- Fundamentally this album reminds me of the raw, languid folkiness of Beth Orton.
- Instead, he favours earnest folkiness, drawn from the less fashionable end of the late - 60s singer-songwriter boom.
- Again, here's some much-needed folkiness that Molly can't seem to deliver: When I was growing up in Samson, Alabama, there wasn't much to do.
Definition of folky in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India