(In golf, cricket, and other sports) continue the movement of a stroke after the ball has been struck.
- Wilson followed through to force the ball past his former team mate, receiving a knock in the process.
- The goal came about after Doran had collected a sideline ball from Walsh and followed through to the back of the net.
- All you need is a Belichick-like game plan and the courage to follow through with it.
1Continuation of the movement of a bat, racket, or club after striking a ball.
- One thing I did as the ball was in the air, I held my follow-through until the ball went through the rim.
- You have time to control each of the basic mechanics: sight, balance, hand position, elbow-in alignment, shooting action, and follow-through.
- Practice holding your follow-through until the ball lands.
1.1The continuing of an action or task to its conclusion: the firm assures follow-through on all aspects of the contract
More example sentences
- Many of us lack follow-through, and fail in the control aspect.
- And there's actually very little effective follow-through.
- I tell them that with determination and follow-through, anything is possible.
Definition of follow through in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.