- Stone water fonts are to be placed at the doors in Midfield Church.
- ‘The painting will hang in the Victorian baptistry behind the stone font which is a very fitting location,’ he said.
- Have on hand the baptismal font, pitcher of water, the Advent wreath and matches.
late Old English: from Latin fons, font- 'spring, fountain', occurring in the ecclesiastical Latin phrase fons or fontes baptismi 'baptismal water(s').
- Example sentences
- Use the same rules as renewable, but once the Value points of this fontal nest are used, the place loses it's essence.
- There shall beam forth shining rays from Thee, the true and fontal light, into the abyss of my heart.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
- And it's all in a teeny weeny eye-straining font.
- But as I watched the credits unfold I thought: I know that font.
- And I ultimately wound up changing nearly every font to different flavors of Arial, which yields a distressingly mundane appearance.
late 16th century (denoting the action or process of casting or founding): from French fonte, from fondre 'to melt'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.