- Stone water fonts are to be placed at the doors in Midfield Church.
- ‘The painting will hang in the Victorian baptistry behind the stone font which is a very fitting location,’ he said.
- Have on hand the baptismal font, pitcher of water, the Advent wreath and matches.
late Old English: from Latin fons, font- 'spring, fountain', occurring in the ecclesiastical Latin phrase fons or fontes baptismi 'baptismal water(s').
- More example sentences
- Use the same rules as renewable, but once the Value points of this fontal nest are used, the place loses it's essence.
- There shall beam forth shining rays from Thee, the true and fontal light, into the abyss of my heart.
- And it's all in a teeny weeny eye-straining font.
- But as I watched the credits unfold I thought: I know that font.
- And I ultimately wound up changing nearly every font to different flavors of Arial, which yields a distressingly mundane appearance.
late 16th century (denoting the action or process of casting or founding): from French fonte, from fondre 'to melt'.