- A substance added to food to enhance its flavour or appearance or to preserve it.More example sentences
- A European law on food additives is being revised with the full support of the British government.
- The safety of food additives - food colors in particular - continues to interest the health-conscious public.
- High-fiber foods are thought to speed food through your intestines, thereby preventing your body from absorbing potentially carcinogenic food additives.
More definitions of food additiveDefinition of food additive in:
- The US English dictionary