- An urban area in which it is difficult to buy affordable or good-quality fresh food: many poor people live in food deserts—where they have plenty of food but none of it healthyMore example sentences
- His goal is to teach community how to grow their own food, especially in spots he calls food deserts.
- In New York City, where perhaps 750,000 people inhabit food deserts, officials are just beginning to find ways to help.
- This web site presents findings from a research student project on food deserts.
More definitions of food desertDefinition of food desert in:
- The US English dictionary